1. The first International Marathon “Clean Baikal” for the prizes of the World Champion Natalia Solominskaya (further on in the text – “the Marathon”) is held in accordance the Track and Field competition rules, approved by the order of Ministry of Sports and Tourism of Russian Federation #340 from April, 12th, 2010 (further on in the text – “the Competition Rules”).
2. The Marathon Aims: The Marathon is held to promote the development of Track and Field sport in Buryatia - to draw attention of Buryatia’s people, businesses and government authorities to the problems of preservation and protection of lake Baikal. - to promote the Marathon as the republic of Buryatia’s brand.
3. The Marathon Tasks: - popularization of healthy running and long distance running. - attracting children, youth, running amateurs, sportsmen, sports veterans, children and adults with special health needs and disabilities. - long distance runners’ competitiveness advancement. - healthy lifestyle nurturing, patriotic education and forming of ecology responsible daily culture.
4. Place and timing of the competitions The Competitions are held from August 11th, 2018 till August 13th, 2018 in the village of Maximikha in Barguzin district of Buryatia.
Start and Finish lines of all distance runs are situated on the shores of Baikal in Maximikha, Baikalskaya Street, buildings 23 and 25. Start of all distances runs is on August 12th, 2018 at 8.30 a.m. local time.
The Marathon route lies through the streets Baikalskaya – Lesnaya – to the Barguzin Tract 286 km mark (towards Ulan-Ude) and back to the Finish line on Baikalskaya Street, buildings 23-25.
The Half Marathon route lies through the streets Baikalskaya – Lesnaya – to the Barguzin Tract 275 km mark (towards Ulan-Ude) and back to the Finish line on Baikalskaya Street, building 23.
The 10 km Run route lies through the streets Baikalskaya – Lesnaya – to the Barguzin Tract 270 km mark (towards Ulan-Ude) and back to the Finish line on Baikalskaya Street, buildings 23-25.
The 3 km Run route lies through the streets Baikalskaya – Lesnaya – to the Barguzin Tract 266 km mark (towards Ulan-Ude) and back to the Finish line on Baikalskaya Street, buildings 23-25.
5. The Competition Schedule August 8th , 2018 – arrival of international and nonresident participants, work start for the mandate commission.
10.00 – Round table on the ecology questions of lake Baikal (sports camp of Buryat State University on Baikalskaya Street).
15.00 – Ecological Action (surrounding shore forests of Baikal)
August 12th, 2018
8.30 – Participants’ Parade and the Opening Ceremony.
9.00 – Start of the Marathon, Half Marathon and 10 km Runs.
9.15 – Start of 3 km Runs.
18.00 – Prize winners’ Awarding and Closing Ceremony August
13th, 2018 – Participants’ Departure Day
6. Competition Participants The following competitors are allowed to participate in the Marathon run of 42 km 195 m: general male and female participants, male and female veterans of age groups from 40 to 49 years, from 50 to 59 years, from 60 to 69 years, from 70 years and up.
The following competitors are allowed to participate in the Half Marathon run of 21 km 097 m: general male and female participants, male and female veterans of age groups from 40 to 49 years, from 50 to 59 years, from 60 to 69 years, from 70 years and up.
The following participants are allowed to participate in the 3 km run: children of 10-11 years of age, 12-14 years, youths of 15-16 years, 17-18 years, children and adults with special health needs and disabilities as well as all running amateurs.
7. Competitions Time Limits Time limit to finish the Marathon and Half Marathon is six hours. Participants who cannot meet the time limit will be taken off the competitions.
8. Security and Health Care Provision Taking part in the competitions is allowed only with valid health and life insurance, which shall be presented to the Competition Admission Committee by each participant.
The Competition Admission Committee is responsible for the security provision in the places of competitions and for providing medical services to the participants. Each participant takes his own responsibility for taking personal safety measures during the competitions.
9. Participants’ Applications Online registration is available at http://baikalrun.com/ from June 13th , 2018 till August 5th, 2018.
Admission Committee Address:
Zipcode: 670000, Ulan-Ude, Tsentralnyi Stadion, Kirova Street, Building 1, room 132.
Telephone: +79246503920 from 5.00 to 17.00 (Moscow time)
E-mail: email@example.com, internet site _____________
Participants’ application and starting numbers hanging out will be held at the following address: Republic of Buryatia, Barguzin District, the village of Maximikha, Baikalskaya Street, building 21 on August 10th and 11th, 2018 from 10.00 till 21.00 local time.
To receive the starting number one has to present the original and a copy of doctor’s confirmation dated from six months of less stating the distance approved for running, valid health and life insurance, valid personal ID. 10.Financing Prize winners’ awarding will take place on August 12th, 2018 at 18.00 at the Start line. This Principal Information is to be considered as an Official Invitation to the Competition.